Play Roulette Online: Online Roulette Guide 2021
Irish Slots feature various slots, and players can find many details regarding different games. With so many online casinos that you can choose from, deciding which one to pick can feel overwhelming. We offer information through our reviews so that players can learn about the top casino games out there. All of our reviews are based on several crucial criteria, so you can compare the casino games and get a feel for the game and the experience it offers.
Curse of the Werewolf
Fire in the Hole
Gates of Olympus
Legacy of Dead
Money Train 2
The Dog House
The Final Countdown
The Hand of Midas
Rise of the Mountain King
Dead or Alive 2
Book of Shadows
Reel King Megaways
Age of the Gods: Prince of Olympus
Finn and the Swirly Spin
Dead or Alive
Book of Dead
Jungle Jim El Dorado
Vikings Go Berzerk
40 Super Hot
Sizzling Hot Deluxe
Ultra Hot Deluxe
Thor Infinity Reels
Larry the Leprechaun
Shogun of Time
Dragon Match Megaways
Jammin' Jars 2
Reptizillions Power Reels
Phoenix Fire Power Reels
Golden Glyph 2
Tiki Fruits Totem Frenzy
The Magic Cauldron
We constantly update our review process to keep up with the fast pace of online gambling. We write unbiased and honest reviews for all the casinos we come across, so you can be sure you’ll know what to expect when trying out a particular casino. At Irish Slots, you can play online roulette for free! Visit us and find your perfect casino and your favorite game!
What Is Roulette and Why People Play It?
Roulette is a gambling game played at land-based and online casinos all over the world. The main goal of this game is to predict which number the ball will land on the wheel is spun. The game doesn’t require any particular skill, so even beginners have a chance of winning.
The most widely accepted version of the origin of roulette is that it was invented by a French mathematician, inventor, and physicist named Blaise Pascal. In 1655, he tried to create a perpetual motion machine (a machine that runs without drawing any outside energy) and ended up inventing the roulette.
The rise of the Internet made it possible for people to enjoy their favorite games from the comfort of their homes. The first online casino to hit the Internet was in 1996. There was a limited number of games, including a few blackjack tables and a couple of slot machines. A few years later, roulette followed. Now, roulette can be played on PCs, Macs, iPads, iPhones, and pretty much any other device with an Internet connection.
A few reasons why people prefer online roulette over the real deal is because you can concentrate on your strategy without all the distractions you would get at a real casino. Playing roulette at home is convenient, and you can easily access it. You have full freedom and comfort of your actions, and you can even play in your pajamas! Also, you won’t need to pay attention to the dealer and the sweeping of the chips since online roulette is fully automated. Also, when you play online roulette, you can find lots of bonuses, and rewards too.
Design of The Roulette
The roulette table is composed of two parts, the betting layout, also known as the roulette layout, and the wheel itself. You can find two styles of roulette tables. One has two layouts with the wheel in the center, while the other has a single betting layout and a roulette wheel at the end. The layout is printed on green baize.
Depending what style the roulette is, the American version has the figures 0 and 00, while the European version has only the figure 0. The main portion of the layout has alternately colored black and white rectangular spaces number to 36. They are arranged in three columns of 12 spaces, starting with 1 at the top and finishing with 36 on the bottom. The roulette is made out of a wooden disk in a convex shape. The wheel spins very smoothly. There are metal partitions around its rim, also known as separators, and the pockets between them are called canoes. All of these compartments, are numbered from 1 to 36. The 38th compartment, carries the sign 0 in the European version, and the signs 0 and 00 on the American version.
The Rules of Roulette
Although there might be some differences in the wheel and table layout depending on the type of roulette game you’re playing, the gameplay is pretty straightforward.
First, you need to choose a group of numbers that you want to bet on and set a suitable bet amount for your budget. Then, place your bet on the number/numbers you’ve chosen, and wait for the dealer to spin the wheel. Once the dealer reveals the winning number, if you’ve guessed the number, you get to collect your winnings. Then, you can place another bet and try again.
You can bet on a single number or a different group of numbers. Various combinations of numbers will bring you different probabilities for winnings and different payouts. Generally speaking, the more number you place bets on, the bigger your chances are to win, and in turn, the payouts that the game offers are lower.
You can make two types of bets, and they are called ‘inside bets’ and ‘outside bets.’ They are named this way since this is where you place both of the bets on the roulette table.
Popular Roulette variations
It can be easy to forget that the version of roulette you like to play isn’t the only one out there. Casino staples like roulette, craps, and blackjack all have a few versions that are used in casinos, both online and physical. There are many different versions of roulette, especially when it comes to online roulette, since many casino developers add their twist to the game. However, there is slight alteration between the main variants of roulette, and the basic principle of the game is pretty much the same. In this section, we’ve provided some details on the most popular roulette variants.
- European Roulette – European roulette is not so much different than American roulette. Both games are practically identical, except for two things. The main difference is that European roulette is more popular amongst players since the house edge is half of what it is in American Roulette. The European version has a 2.6% house edge, while its American counterpart has a 5.3% house edge. Also, the layout of the European version has a zero, while the layout of the American version has a double-zero.
- French Roulette – Out of all the variants out there, French roulette has the best odds for even chance bets. Like the European version, this variant has one 0 slots but losing even chance bets pay back half. For instance, if you had a £6 bet on Red and the 0 hits, you would get £3 back. While you didn’t win, it is undoubtedly better than a loss; plus, you get something for consolation. It might take some time to get used to this variant of roulette since the table’s layout is different.
- Mini Roulette – Mini Roulette was developed by online casinos and can be found in Net Entertainment and Playtech casinos. As it can be concluded from the name, this is just a mini version of roulette. There are 13 slots on the wheel, six black, six red, and one 0. Of course, the payouts are scaled in accordance. The principle of the game is the same, however, only with fewer betting options and fewer numbers. This is a fun alternative to the classic roulette if you’re up to try something new.
- Multi-Ball Roulette – Multi-Ball Roulette was born out of the idea that one ball isn’t exciting enough. This variation usually uses the table as European roulette, i.e., a wheel with pockets displaying 0 to 36. Once the wheel is spun, several balls go in the opposite direction. Then, players place their bets, and the winners are determined according to where the balls land. Typically, casinos use three balls, but some use more. To keep in mind, the pockets can hold only one ball, so all of the balls will land on different numbers.
- Multi Wheel Roulette – Multi wheel roulette has the same format European roulette has, but instead of playing one roulette, you can spin up to eight roulette tables at the same time. This gives you the opportunity to win big with every bet and to do so several times. However, this also means that you’re betting eight times more as you would when you play a single game. Make sure that you set yourself a limit before playing a multi-wheel roulette game so that you don’t burn down through your budget pretty quickly.
- Live Dealer Roulette – Since many players still want the human interaction included in regular roulette, many gambling sites offer Live Dealer Roulette. In this variation of roulette, a dealer spins the wheel through a webcam instead of the computer-generated graphics for the wheel you get when playing online roulette. Live roulette uses a real ball, wheel, table, and croupier, which are all broadcasted through a high-quality video stream. You can play live roulette by placing your bet during the permitted betting period by clicking on the table before the wheel spins.
How We Value Roulette Casinos
At Irish slots, we make sure that the sites we recommend have impeccable quality. We do this by evaluating them based on a comprehensive set of criteria we’ve developed. We start the process by assessing a casino’s security. We also consider the bonuses and promotions they offer since everyone loves a bonus offer when playing. We also look out for customer care, the process of depositing and withdrawing funds, and if the casino is mobile-friendly.
What are the advantages of playing online roulette?
There are a few. Some of them include: there’s no need to travel, and you can play whenever you want, you can play from the privacy of your own home, and you can easily switch casinos in a matter of seconds.
How do I install online roulette software?
Installing online roulette software is easy and quick. Also, nowadays, there are lots of options for playing online roulette. There is downloadable software for roulette, but there are also casino options to instantly play through your web browser without installing or downloading anything.
Can you play roulette for free?
Yes, you can. Most online casinos offer you to play their games for free. However, they might ask you to create an account and register first, but this process will only last a couple of minutes, and then you’re good to go.
What Deposit Options Can I Use?
Players have a wide variety of deposit options available to them. For instance, they can use credit or debit cards. E-wallet sites are also popular, as well as prepaid vouchers and cards and direct bank transfers. The options vary depending on the casino you choose and the place you live.
Is it legal to play online roulette?
Yes. It is entirely legal to play online roulette on any site you would like. However, if you’re not quite sure about this, it’s a smart idea to check the laws in your country to be 100% sure.