Best Blackjack 2021 Guide: Play Blackjack Online
At Irish slots, we provide you with a list of the best gambling sites that offer casino players a wide variety of games. Some of the games come with incredible jackpots and bonuses, and we are happy to introduce them to you.
Curse of the Werewolf
Fire in the Hole
Gates of Olympus
Legacy of Dead
Money Train 2
The Dog House
The Final Countdown
The Hand of Midas
Rise of the Mountain King
Dead or Alive 2
Book of Shadows
Reel King Megaways
Age of the Gods: Prince of Olympus
Finn and the Swirly Spin
Dead or Alive
Book of Dead
Jungle Jim El Dorado
Vikings Go Berzerk
40 Super Hot
Sizzling Hot Deluxe
Ultra Hot Deluxe
Thor Infinity Reels
Larry the Leprechaun
Shogun of Time
Dragon Match Megaways
Jammin' Jars 2
Reptizillions Power Reels
Phoenix Fire Power Reels
Golden Glyph 2
Tiki Fruits Totem Frenzy
The Magic Cauldron
We find the best games that are out there, and we review them all in one place. We also review and describe the game’s visuals to make the gaming experience more pleasant. Our visitors can come and enjoy Blackjack for free. Our platform is easy to use, and it will provide you with all the information you need, so you don’t waste any time. Our website is also easily accessible through your phone.
What Is Blackjack and Why People Like It?
Blackgame, also known as Twenty-One, is a very famous card game that is played all over the world. Blackjack is well known for having the best odds and gambling, and it’s a reasonably easy game to play.
Although the history of Blackjack is still debated, one of the most popular beliefs is that it originated around 1700 in French Casinos, since it’s mentioned in the novel Don Quixote from Miguel de Cervantes, which is written in the 16th century. Nowadays, this game can be found in every gambling casino.
Blackjack was regularly played in the Royal court during the time in power of King Louis XV, thus it grew in popularity at the beginning of the 18th century. Since Blackjack became widely popular in the 18 century, to attract more people to the game, the gambling houses started to offer special bet. An example for such a special bet is the 10:1 odds of a person having Blackjack with an ace. This is also the origin of the name of the game. The name remained the same after all of these years, even though the casinos slowly removed this special bet. The game just continued getting more fame, since the 20th century was the great are of the casinos.
Blackjack is also a very popular home game, but there are somewhat different rules when people play at home. When it’s played at casinos, the players are seated while the dealer is standing. The dealer is in charge of running the game, he shuffles and deals the cards to the players, and he handles all the bets. When it’s played at home, one of the players is the dealer of the game.
The benefits of free Blackjack are that there aren’t any downloads or sign-ups, and you can play instantly. It is excellent for those who aren’t looking the spend any real money, and it is a perfect way to sharpen your skills and practice strategies.
On the other hand, real money Blackjack opens you up to alluring promotions and massive bonuses. There are many more Blackjack variants available in real money games, and of course, you can win massive real money prizes.
The Rules of Blackjack
The game’s goal is to get a score of 21; if your score surpasses 21, then you lose, and this is called ‘bust’ in Blackjack. A ‘push’ is when your score ties with the dealer, and in this case, your bet is refunded.
Before you’re dealt with the cards, you place your bets. Then, the dealer deals you two face-up cards. The dealer starts with one face-down and one face-up card.
If the total is 16 or under, the dealer must take a card, and if the total is 17 or more, they must stand. The dealer must continue taking card until the total is 17 or more, at which moment he has to stand. If the dealer has an ace and counting that ace as 11 sums up to 17 or more (but not over 21), he must count the ace as 11 and stand. The player always has the option of taking one or more cards, unlike the dealer’s decision who are automatic when playing.
King, queen, jack, and ten are all worth 10. Ace is worth 1 or 11, depending on which value benefits you. Two to nine have their face values. Depending on the casino and the game, the number of decks that are used varies.
The rules of the game are pretty straightforward. As we already mentioned, you need to get as close to 21. When you play the game online, the cards are automatically shuffled, and you place your bets. Your options will be displayed on the screen once your cards have been dealt. If you wish so, you can double your bet. Make sure that you watch out for these rules when you sit down to play Blackjack.
Popular Blackjack Variations
Although Blackjack is one of the easiest online casino games to grasp, it still has numerous different game variations. Although the game might be a classic, you can still find many attempts to tweak and improve on it. It is uncertain how many Blackjack variations are out there, but over a hundred versions of the game have been recorded over the years. Most of the variations are just simple rule variations, but others have a more significant number of rule variations that are used. In this section, we will go over some of the most widespread Blackjack variants played in casinos all over the world.
- Blackjack Surrender – Generally, Blackjack Surrender is not too different from the classic Blackjack. The game’s goal is the same – to get a hand that’s better than the dealer without going bust. The essential difference between these two games is that in Blackjack Surrender, the player may surrender, thus the game’s name. You have the opportunity to give up the hand for the price of half the bet. Of course, you will have to learn in which situations you will use this option. This version of Blackjack just slightly tweaks the rules of the original game.
- Blackjack Switch – Blackjack Switch is less common than the classic game, but it can be found in many online and land-based casinos. This type of Blackjack uses from six to eight full decks. The player is asked to bet on two hands at the same time, and each one has a separate stake but of identical size. If the player wants to improve the value of the cards, he is allowed to switch the top cards that ear dealt on each hand. Splitting and doubling rules are quite liberal.
- Live Blackjack – With Live Blackjack, you will be able to get an authentic gambling experience. Live Blackjack is broadcasted from a casino studio to your computer at home, and real cards and dealers are shown. Most Live Blackjack games have seven seats, and the betting usually starts at $5 per hand. However, you can find games where the minimum stake is $1,000 and even more. The action is brought to you through high-quality video streams, and the expert dealers know the game well. They are there to help if you have any questions about the rules and the table.
- Atlantic City – As the name suggests, the origin of this Blackjack variant is in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The game has the same main rules and principles as the classic game. The aim is to compete against the dealer and reach 21 without going over it. The cards are valued in the same way as they are in the original game. The number of decks here is 8, and the dealers are usually asked to stand on soft totals of 17. All pairs can be split and re-split, except the aces, which can‘t be re-split.
- European Blackjack – The most basic rules of European Blackjack are the same as the original Blackjack. What makes this variant different is the absence of hole cards. After the first draw, the dealer takes one exposed card, then you follow up on your hand, and the dealer gets their second hand. Also, doubling down is permitted only on hard totals of 11, 10, and 9. Typically, you are allowed to draw only one extra card per ace when you split paired aces. Also, you can split only cards that are alike and only a single time.
- Perfect Pairs Blackjack – This is a variation of the standard game that allows its players to bet an additional bet to cover the possibility of the first two cards dealt. A pair is two cards with the same numerical value and the same face value. There are three types of pairs: mixed pair – same numerical/face card value, different color, and suit; colored pair – same card value, same color, but different suit; and perfect pair – same card value, suit, and color. Before any cards are dealt, players must decide if they want to participate in the Perfect Pairs side.
How We Value Casinos with Blackjack
At Irish slots, we value casinos with Blackjack according to different types of criteria. We make sure that the games have solid security and that they are operated fairly. We also choose blackjack games that offer great bonuses and promotions to returning customers and new players. We make sure that the games run fast on mobile devices and that the game’s mobile version is user-friendly.
What are some commonly used abbreviations?
The most common abbreviations are:
DOA – Double down on your initial cards
BSE – Basic Strategy Edge, which means you have better odds using your basic strategy
H17 – When the dealer has 18, he must hit
DAS – Double down is allowed when you split a pair
RSA – You can re-split aces
What do I need to have in order to play online Blackjack?
In order to play online Blackjack, all you need is a mobile device or a computer with an internet connection. You can play at online casinos that offer web-based platforms, or you can download the casino’s software.
Where do I get blackjack software for my computer?
Each casino website offers a blackjack software. If you choose to play at a different casino, you can download the software from the new casino as well. You can also choose online casinos that require no download but a registration form.
Are blackjack games rigged?
Blackjack games aren’t rigged. Reputable online casinos ensure that the numbers are generated randomly, and an autonomous authority seriously regulates them. Make sure you use our reviews to find trustworthy blackjack casinos.
Is it better to surrender early if I don’t have good cards?
Although it makes sense to get out if your cards are bad, even really bad hands can win if they’re played right. There are no sure things when playing Blackjack, and you must take risks.